Installing the LOFAR Software at external computing facilities
This page will redirect you to build instructions for the LOFAR common software packages.
LOFAR Beam formed / pulsar tools
A GitHub repository of scripts to use for analysis of beam formed / pulsar data. Available here.
LOFAR Imaging Software (external packages)
A collection of links of documented data reduction tools developed and maintained by external experienced users. The general repository is available here. Specific ones are listed below:
- Dysco (a compressing storage manager for Casacore measurement sets)
- LoSoTo (LOFAR solutions tool)
- LSM Tool (LOFAR Local Sky Model Tool)
- PyBDSF (Python Blob Detector and Source Finder)
- RMextract (extract TEC, vTEC, Earth magnetic field and Rotation Measures from GPS and WMM data for radio interferometry observations)
- Sagecal (GPU/MIC accelerated radio interferometric calibration program)
- WSClean (fast widefield interferometric imager)
LOFAR (Generic) Pipeline Framework
Documentation about how to define a pipeline for the execution with the Generic Pipeline Framework is available here.
LOFAR Imaging Pipelines
Several imaging pipelines are available for processing LOFAR LBA and HBA data.
- Factor (Facet calibration for LOFAR)
- Long Baseline Generic Pipeline (a generic pieline implementation of the LOFAR long baseline pipeline reduction) documentation can be found here.
- prefactor (Pre facet calibration pipeline)
- Pill (pipeline for LOFAR LBA imaging data reduction - under development)
- DDFacet (direction dependent calibration software used for the LOTSS survey)
LOFAR User Script Repository
A GitHub repository of 3rd party contributions for LOFAR data processing. Available here.
Running LOFAR imaging pipelines using Docker/Singularity